Fire Safety Tips
According to the National Fire Protection Association, 80% of fire deaths happen in the home. As a leading provider of home security systems, we wanted to do something to reduce this alarming statistic. When fire strikes your home, authorities say you may have as little as one to two minutes to escape. It is imperative that you have a well rehearsed escape plan which includes all members of the family that are old enough to understand, and provides for those that are not. To receive a Fire Safety booklet and Fire Escape Plan to share with your family, please contact us.
Here are some of the things to remember:
- Don’t overload your electrical circuits. This is one of the foremost causes of fires.
- Keep matches and lighters out of reach of children.
- Don’t smoke in bed.
- Keep combustibles far from heat sources.
- Don’t accumulate oil or grease soaked rags.
- Use a fire detection and/or smoke warning system in your home.